In this brochure by the World Health Organisation, some insightful statistics on hearing loss are published.
For example, unaddressed hearing loss poses a high cost for the economy globally, approximately $750 billion annually!
Some of the recommended actions include:
- Allocating suitable resources
- Integrating ear and hearing care into health systems
- Building human resource capacity
- Implementing early identification and intervention programmes
- Increasing awareness among all sectors of society